UPURS - Fast serial transfer utilities for the BBC Micro

• paulv
  • Το Άβαταρ του/της paulv
  • Retro Starter
  • Retro Starter
Περισσότερα
13/12/2012 10:59 #5028 από paulv
Απαντήθηκε από paulv στο θέμα UPURS - Fast serial transfer utilities for the BBC Micro
Hi Christos,

Thanks for the confirmation of my translated text :D

There's no need for a PM. I gave Martin a contact page on my site that you can use as he doesn't have a website of his own. It lets him receive enquiries about UPURS without having to give out his e-mail address publicly.

The form creates an e-mail and sends it directly to Martin with all your details in and he can then contact you to talk about your request.

Out of interest, Google Translate converts this message as it appears below, how good is it, does it make sense, is the grammar OK?

Δεν υπάρχει ανάγκη για ένα PM. Έδωσα Martin μια σελίδα επικοινωνίας στην ιστοσελίδα μου που μπορείτε να χρησιμοποιήσετε όπως ο ίδιος δεν έχει τη δική της ιστοσελίδα του. Δεν τον αφήνει να λαμβάνουν πληροφορίες σχετικά με UPURS χωρίς να χρειάζεται να δίνουν τη διεύθυνση ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου του δημοσίως.

Η μορφή δημιουργεί ένα e-mail και το στέλνει απευθείας στο Martin με όλα τα στοιχεία σας και σε ότι μπορεί να επικοινωνήσει μαζί σας, στη συνέχεια να μιλήσουμε σχετικά με το αίτημά σας.

Thanks

Paul

Παρακαλούμε Σύνδεση ή Δημιουργία λογαριασμού για να συμμετάσχετε στη συζήτηση.

• geo1977
  • Το Άβαταρ του/της geo1977
  • Retro Maniac
  • Retro Maniac
Περισσότερα
13/12/2012 11:14 #5032 από geo1977
Απαντήθηκε από geo1977 στο θέμα UPURS - Fast serial transfer utilities for the BBC Micro

paulv έγραψε: Ευχαριστώ για το καλωσόρισμα! (I hope that says "Thanks for the welcome!")

I'm glad the information is of use to you. As you can probably guess from my site, I'm a bit of an Acorn fan/collector and I came across your forums because of this thread linking to my site.

Google Translate isn't very good at translating Greek to English but it does enough to let me get the idea of what you were discussing and I thought you'd be interested in the developments as your posts detailing building the cable and getting the UPURS software running is really excellent.

Martin didn't have many of those boards made so it would be worth getting in touch with him if you want one. He's selling the board unpopulated for £10 inc P&P within the UK. I've no idea what the cost would be to Greece but I can't imagine that it would be very much more.

You can see how many boards he had made here.

Paul

welcome Paul im very happy see you here and yes chrisgnr and me we reading yours site about Acorns
i have in my colection Electron ,BBC micro B with Datacentre External by retroclinic +Upurs 5.0 helpme chrisgnr about this +TURBO MMC by ctorwy in ebay + ARIES B32+B12 ....and we propably find interesting the hand made boards from Martin ..... ;)

thanks alot
you are welkome :)

• geo1977
  • Το Άβαταρ του/της geo1977
  • Retro Maniac
  • Retro Maniac
Περισσότερα
13/12/2012 11:30 - 13/12/2012 11:32 #5033 από geo1977
Απαντήθηκε από geo1977 στο θέμα UPURS - Fast serial transfer utilities for the BBC Micro
Paul εδώ είναι η έκθεση(συγκέντρωση) που κάναμε φέτος

translate
Paul here is our Gathering (photos) this year
www.retrocomputers.gr/index.php/ekdilwse...rs-gr-gathering-2012

• paulv
  • Retro Starter
  • Retro Starter
Περισσότερα
13/12/2012 17:45 #5046 από paulv
Απαντήθηκε από paulv στο θέμα UPURS - Fast serial transfer utilities for the BBC Micro
Ah, yes, the Datacentre is an excellent device, I've got an internal and external one now and they're very useful indeed.

I've never used a TurboMMC upgrade but as I understand it, it may be possible in the future to make that work with the Electron using the User Port expansion Martin has designed but it would need a new version of the software to access the Electron User ports at their new addresses in the Electron memory map.

During Martin testing the User Ports, he modified a ROM for a video digitiser to make it work on the Electron and it worked without any further modifications. It's possible that ctorwy may be able to make the modifications to his ROM to provide an Electron version of the Turbo MMC too...

Thanks also for linking to the photographs, I enjoyed looking through them (I'm about half way through) and there were plenty of machines that I recognised and some that I didn't. Some rare examples too :D

Paul

• chriskgnr
  • Το Άβαταρ του/της chriskgnr Συντάκτης θέματος
  • Retro Elite
  • Retro Elite
  • Well, i got one chance left in a nine live cat.
Περισσότερα
14/12/2012 22:24 - 14/12/2012 22:29 #5065 από chriskgnr
Απαντήθηκε από chriskgnr στο θέμα UPURS - Fast serial transfer utilities for the BBC Micro

paulv έγραψε: Hi Christos,

Thanks for the confirmation of my translated text :D

There's no need for a PM. I gave Martin a contact page on my site that you can use as he doesn't have a website of his own. It lets him receive enquiries about UPURS without having to give out his e-mail address publicly.

The form creates an e-mail and sends it directly to Martin with all your details in and he can then contact you to talk about your request.

Out of interest, Google Translate converts this message as it appears below, how good is it, does it make sense, is the grammar OK?

Δεν υπάρχει ανάγκη για ένα PM. Έδωσα Martin μια σελίδα επικοινωνίας στην ιστοσελίδα μου που μπορείτε να χρησιμοποιήσετε όπως ο ίδιος δεν έχει τη δική της ιστοσελίδα του. Δεν τον αφήνει να λαμβάνουν πληροφορίες σχετικά με UPURS χωρίς να χρειάζεται να δίνουν τη διεύθυνση ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου του δημοσίως.

Η μορφή δημιουργεί ένα e-mail και το στέλνει απευθείας στο Martin με όλα τα στοιχεία σας και σε ότι μπορεί να επικοινωνήσει μαζί σας, στη συνέχεια να μιλήσουμε σχετικά με το αίτημά σας.

Thanks

Paul

Hello Paul!
I think that Google Translate has so many glitches! :PIt seems that is strictly based on grammar, so when i use so many greek idioms in my posts, the translation is a little bit of "κουλουβάχατα"(koulouvahata=confusing-misunderstanding :lol:)! Anyway, i prefer your english texts than the greek translation! :lol::lol:
With joy i read that you have already uploaded on your site the Electron UPURS manual! That is a great job! :cheer:Me and a friend(geo1977) are interested for Martin's pcb, so when that Plus 1 interface arrive, i'll contact with Martin! Also, i will make an addition to the initial post of this thread, to mention that UPURS for BBC micro, this excellent utility, is a project from Martin Barr! :):)

Christos.

21st century breakdown...

• paulv
  • Retro Starter
  • Retro Starter
Περισσότερα
15/12/2012 14:42 #5076 από paulv
Hi Christos,

Thanks for your kind comments about the manual. We've tried to cover as much as possible regarding both UPURS on the Electron and the more general use of the User Ports that the expansion port delivers.

It's a shame that Google Translate isn't too good with Greek/English translation. It seems to have variable quality depending on the languages used. I know that the Polish/English translation for instance is very good although the Polish language produced is formal rather than informal "every day" language.

Paul

• chriskgnr
  • Το Άβαταρ του/της chriskgnr Συντάκτης θέματος
  • Retro Elite
  • Retro Elite
  • Well, i got one chance left in a nine live cat.
Περισσότερα
16/12/2012 10:01 #5082 από chriskgnr
Απαντήθηκε από chriskgnr στο θέμα UPURS - Fast serial transfer utilities for the BBC Micro

paulv έγραψε: Hi Christos,

Thanks for your kind comments about the manual. We've tried to cover as much as possible regarding both UPURS on the Electron and the more general use of the User Ports that the expansion port delivers.

It's a shame that Google Translate isn't too good with Greek/English translation. It seems to have variable quality depending on the languages used. I know that the Polish/English translation for instance is very good although the Polish language produced is formal rather than informal "every day" language.

Paul

That's right. Google Translation is good for formal language translation, but for informal "every day" language translation, it's having a hard time! :P

21st century breakdown...

Χρόνος δημιουργίας σελίδας: 0.160 δευτερόλεπτα