WARRIORS: LEGENDS OF TROY (my review / ENG only)

• P.Dial
  • Το Άβαταρ του/της P.Dial Συντάκτης θέματος
  • Retro Gamer
  • Retro Gamer
  • QUI AUDET...ATARI ST!
Περισσότερα
13/03/2013 00:11 #8016 από P.Dial
WARRIORS: LEGENDS OF TROY (my review / ENG only) δημιουργήθηκε από P.Dial

Το είχα ανεβάσει σε ένα Αμερικάνικο site για το ΧΒΟΧ360....απλά για να μαθαίνουν και οι ξένοι λίγα πράγματα για την μυθολογία μας......

A little story/legend:
The Trojan War is pretty much known all around the world. Scientists insist that it truly existed according to the ruins found once upon a time in Turkey by Eric Sleeman. The Trojans were actually Greeks that lived outside the mainland and the Achaians, ruled by Agamemnon, were Greeks from the -then- states that consisted Greece. The true story about this war claims that the Achaians wanted to rule naval commerce around the Aegean and Troy's location was quite convenient for them. The legend says that Paris, the second prince of Troy, stole Menelaus' wife while on a visit to Greece. This lady, the mighty Helen, queen of Sparta was so beautiful that no man on earth could resist. Menelaus got furious as hell and asked Agamemnon's help to attack Troy and take Helen back. So the war started and lasted almost 11 years. According to "ILIAS", the great poem composed by Homer, 1186 ships were finally gathered, carrying more than 50-70.000 soldiers. Trojans stood in awe seeing all that fleet coming against them. The war exploited heroes from both sides, with the main characters being the demi-god Achilles and the great warrior prince of Troy, Hektor.
And the story goes on........
....and told in many ways.
There are many books for one to buy as well as a great movie called "Troy" that brings you inside the great battles of the time.

Patroclus, Achilles' cousin, battling around:

Koei:
As for video games, Koei made it happen and created a quite underestimated game called Warriors: Legends of Troy.

Koei is mostly known for its Dynasty Warriors series of slash' em up games. Warriors: Legends of Troy is actually a spin-off of this series, but features more realistic controlling and battling, extreme gore plus great graphics, sound and music.

Ajax, the Hulk of 1100 BC, slashing the undead up:

The game:
In this game, you play different roles, controlling various heroes from both sides, including Achilles, Hektor, Ajax, Odysseus and more.

All you have to do is slay hundreds of enemies, go through the massive areas, complete the secondary missions and finally the main mission. And you'll be rewarded with points (coins actually) with which you can buy the powers of the Gods. You have an inventory where you can set any power you like and your attributes: health, fury, strikes etc, will be increased.

At some points you will be called to confront another hero in a duel or a mighty God of Olympus or some godly monsters (like the one-eyed giant Cyclops, son of Poseidon). So you'll need all the power you can get.

Graphically the game is gorgeous, presenting an almost exact atmosphere of this war (as we saw it in the movie Troy as well), with great battle choreography, unbelievable gore etc. Sonically the sound FX used are fantastic, followed by some epic soundtracks that remind us of the movie.

Hektor, the mighty 1st prince of Troy raging against Achaian forces:

If you haven't played the game yet, I recommend you should and especially if you're a slash' em up fan and you like stories from mythology.

Note: I have downloaded this game back in 2011 and never got the time to play it. I'm not actually a fan of the slash' em up games but this one is quite good!

Have fun people.
Panos

www.retroshowcase.gr

My Collection: Amstrad CPC 6128, Amstrad GX4000, Sega Mastersystem II, Atari 1040STFM, Amiga 500, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, Sega Megadrive II, Nintendo SNES, Panasonic 3DO, Atari Jaguar, Nintendo 64, Sega Saturn, Sony PSOne, Sony PSX, Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo Gamecube, Sony PS2, Sony PSP, Microsoft XBOX, Microsoft XBOX360 Phat (LT 2.0), Microsoft XBOX360 Slim (RGH), Sony PS3 Superslim

gifs.gifbin.com/1233927325_jean%20claude...counter%20strike.gif

Παρακαλούμε Σύνδεση ή Δημιουργία λογαριασμού για να συμμετάσχετε στη συζήτηση.

• vovolas
  • Το Άβαταρ του/της vovolas
  • Retro Elite
  • Retro Elite
  • tha vapsoume?
Περισσότερα
13/03/2013 18:29 #8031 από vovolas
Απαντήθηκε από vovolas στο θέμα WARRIORS: LEGENDS OF TROY (my review / ENG only)
Μπράβο φίλε πάνο πολύ καλή η σκέψη και η κίνηση που έκανες, έτσι για να μαθαίνουν τα ξενόπαιδα the real story και όχι όπως τους την έχουνε πασαρει οι κάθε άσχετοι μπράβο και πάλι ;)

"Knowing is not enough we must apply
Willing is not enough we must do."
Οι ακόλουθοι χρήστες είπαν "Σε Ευχαριστώ": P.Dial

• FarCry
  • Το Άβαταρ του/της FarCry
  • Retro Maniac
  • Retro Maniac
Περισσότερα
14/03/2013 03:55 #8052 από FarCry
Απαντήθηκε από FarCry στο θέμα WARRIORS: LEGENDS OF TROY (my review / ENG only)

P.Dial έγραψε: There are many books for one to buy as well as a great movie called "Troy" that brings you inside the great battles of the time.

ωραιο αυτο το game δε το γνωριζα! παντως μη τους λες να δουνε την ταινια. απο ιστορικης πλευρας το πηδηξαν :p

μονο οι μαχες αξιζουν

• P.Dial
  • Retro Gamer
  • Retro Gamer
  • QUI AUDET...ATARI ST!
Περισσότερα
14/03/2013 20:35 #8087 από P.Dial
Απαντήθηκε από P.Dial στο θέμα WARRIORS: LEGENDS OF TROY (my review / ENG only)

vovolas έγραψε: Μπράβο φίλε πάνο πολύ καλή η σκέψη και η κίνηση που έκανες, έτσι για να μαθαίνουν τα ξενόπαιδα the real story και όχι όπως τους την έχουνε πασαρει οι κάθε άσχετοι μπράβο και πάλι ;)

που να δεις που έσπευσαν όλοι να το κατεβάσουν για να το παίξουν! χαχαχαχαχαχαχα

www.retroshowcase.gr

My Collection: Amstrad CPC 6128, Amstrad GX4000, Sega Mastersystem II, Atari 1040STFM, Amiga 500, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, Sega Megadrive II, Nintendo SNES, Panasonic 3DO, Atari Jaguar, Nintendo 64, Sega Saturn, Sony PSOne, Sony PSX, Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo Gamecube, Sony PS2, Sony PSP, Microsoft XBOX, Microsoft XBOX360 Phat (LT 2.0), Microsoft XBOX360 Slim (RGH), Sony PS3 Superslim

• P.Dial
  • Retro Gamer
  • Retro Gamer
  • QUI AUDET...ATARI ST!
Περισσότερα
14/03/2013 20:36 #8088 από P.Dial
Απαντήθηκε από P.Dial στο θέμα WARRIORS: LEGENDS OF TROY (my review / ENG only)

FarCry έγραψε:

P.Dial έγραψε: There are many books for one to buy as well as a great movie called "Troy" that brings you inside the great battles of the time.

ωραιο αυτο το game δε το γνωριζα! παντως μη τους λες να δουνε την ταινια. απο ιστορικης πλευρας το πηδηξαν :p

μονο οι μαχες αξιζουν

Ε ναι! Η Βρισηΐδα ΔΕΝ ήταν στρουμπουλή όπως την δείχνουν στην ταινία! LOL :P

www.retroshowcase.gr

• vovolas
  • Το Άβαταρ του/της vovolas
  • Retro Elite
  • Retro Elite
  • tha vapsoume?
Περισσότερα
19/03/2013 18:33 #8144 από vovolas
Απαντήθηκε από vovolas στο θέμα WARRIORS: LEGENDS OF TROY (my review / ENG only)

P.Dial έγραψε:

vovolas έγραψε: Μπράβο φίλε πάνο πολύ καλή η σκέψη και η κίνηση που έκανες, έτσι για να μαθαίνουν τα ξενόπαιδα the real story και όχι όπως τους την έχουνε πασαρει οι κάθε άσχετοι μπράβο και πάλι ;)

που να δεις που έσπευσαν όλοι να το κατεβάσουν για να το παίξουν! χαχαχαχαχαχαχα

Έτσι έτσι εννοείται και επιβάλεται ;)

"Knowing is not enough we must apply
Willing is not enough we must do."

Χρόνος δημιουργίας σελίδας: 0.136 δευτερόλεπτα